1. Review of present & present perfect tenses, simple & continuous tenses. Used to/would, auxiliaries, open cloze, thinking about the meaning of a text.
2. Future forms, verbs, adjectives & phrases to express the future, future in the past, cloze, eliminating distractors.
3. Passive, transitive & intransitive, verbs, avoiding the passive, passive causative with get, key word formation, keeping a similar meaning.
4. Modal verbs, modality, past tense modals, negative forms, need & dare, open cloze, making sure the word fits grammatically.
5. Conditionals, cloze, paying attention to details.
6. Inversion, so &such, unreal past, would rather, would prefer & had better, key word transformation, recognizing structures.
1. Personality, eliminating wrong answers, phrasal verbs, collocations &expressions, prepositions.
2. Science &technology, identifying collocations, compound nouns, prepositions, word formation, collocations & expressions.
3. Society & politics, word formation, forming negative words, phrasal verbs, collocations & expressions, word formation.
4. Social communication, dealing with synonymous vocabulary, word formation, phrasal verbs, collocations & expressions.
5. Hopes & dreams, multiple-choice cloze, dealing with words that have similar meanings, phrasal verbs, collocations & expressions, prepositions.
6. Money, multiple-choice cloze, dealing with multiple- choice cloze tests, phrasal verbs, collocations & expressions.
1. Multiple-choice, allowing time to choose the right answer.
2. Multiple matching, identifying themes before listening.
3. Multiple-choice, understanding the attitude of speakers.
4. Multiple-choice, understanding discourse markers.
5. Sentence completion, paraphrasing
6. Multiple matching, considering themes & attitudes.
1. Introducing yourself, talking about yourself, giving personal information.
2. Talking about domestic robots, collaborative task, focusing on the task, initiating discussion, taking turns, inviting your partner to speak.
3. Talking about the environment & inequality, long turn, collecting your thoughts, organizing your thoughts, hesitating/being uncertain, responding to what your partner said.
4. Talking about language & communication, responding naturally, using discourse markers to start off, expressing an afterthought, changing the subject, indication you have no more to say.
5. Talking about personal aspirations, collaborative task, expanding on your answers, evaluating, comparing, speculating, moving the conversation forwards.
6. Talking about money & moral decisions, long turn, sustaining a conversation, keeping discourse going, expressing disapproval, summing up.
1. Essay (1), planning & organizing a discursive essay, planning & using topic sentences, showing cause & effect, giving an example
2. Review (1), understanding the content of a review, using informal language, providing background, liking, disliking, recommending.
3. Article (1), engaging your reader, creating a conversational tone, questions to engage the reader, using imperatives, encouraging involvement.
4. Letter, following letter-writing conventions, contributing to a magazine´s letter page, stating your reason for writing, giving reasons for & discussing benefits of using social media, assessing a future role.
5. Essay (2), analyzing contrasting texts, dealing with all elements of the task, stating your opinion, emphasizing & concluding.
6. Essay (3), choosing between two topics, writing an effective essay, introducing your topic, changing topic, presenting arguments.