Language focus (First term B2.2)
1. The English verb system.
2. Uses of auxiliaries.
3. Present and past habits, repeated actions and states.
4. Be used to, get used to.
5. Second Conditional, alternatives for If.
6. Third Conditional.
7. Narrative verb forms; Past Perfect Continuous.
8. Defining, non-defining and reduced relative clauses.
9. Ways of comparing.
10. Future verb forms; Future Continuous.
11. Uses of verb +ing.
12. Modal verbs: levels of certainty about the future
Language focus (Second term B 2.2)
13. Simple and continuous aspects; activity and state verbs.
14. Present Perfect Simple and Present Perfect Continuous.
15. Wishes: I hope...; it's time; should have.
16. The passive.
17. As, like, such as, so, such.
19. Future perfect: describing future events.
20. Reported speech.
21. Modal verbs: deduction in the present and the past.
22. Past form of modals and related verbs.
Communication Focus (First term B 2.1)
1. Keeping a conversation going.
2. Discussion L anguage I: agreeing and disagreeing politely.
3. Making, refusing and accepting offers.
4. Saying you are surprised or not surprised.
5. Discussion language II: opinions.
6. Polite interruptions.
Communication focus (Second term B 2.2)
7. Problems on the phone
8. A pologising.
9. Making and responding to suggestions.
10. Adding emphasis.
11. Discussion language.